Tuesday, March 27, 2012

GODS GIFT TO ME

Today 29 May 2011,I have given birth to a baby boy.So proud cause this would be my third child but more excited cause I have been told its a boy.How was taken away from me and I was told that he was born with a hole in his lip .I was thinking that maybe its just a small hole in the top of its his lip and oh its probably nothing.
He was brought to me two hours later and I got the shock of my life cause this child's lip was not formed at all and all I could do was just stare and cry,I could not speak and let alone hold my child cause of they way I felt and saying this is not my child.Thinking cant anything be done about his appearance? He was born with a Cleft Lip and Palate.

Days went by and I never got to see him and I was worried.I was told that they were going to bring him up to me and also I was told so many stories about his condition and so forth.I had a caesarian section and could not really move as I pleased.Three days this was worrying me,keep thinking what my boy is doing?,how they feeding him but I was scared in a way to see him as well and I knew that I would break down and cry at just the sight of him.I went down to the ICU and saw him lying there with a pipe through his nose,my tears rolling down my face as I looked at this helpless tiny baby.What are we to face dear child?

Finally we leaving the hospital heading home,all is well with both of us but not knowing that a greater journey awaits both of us in time to come.We would have to face society,how do I handle this all alone and me just feeling all helpless myself.I never shed one tear after leaving the hospital.I was strong as can be,thinking I will not hide this child from the world.It took me a while to adjust to everything but not long after I started reading about Baby's with Cleft Lip and Palate and Educate myself more and aslo build up enough courage to face people that would question me on why my son looks this way.

My son's name is JOSE.His feeding system is this squeeze type of bottle and he got sick as time passed by.Doctors then discovered that he has a Silent aspiration which meant that he cannot have any liquid cause it was dripping onto his lungs and causing the infections.His feeding system till today has to be thickened with porridge to prevent the aspiration problem.
His Operation is due 14 November 2011.I was as nervous as can be.The operation lasted 5 hours but turned out to be a success,we were discharged 2 days after the operation.

My son is 10 Months old and what a spectacular life God has created and put in my life!This Child is as happy as can be despite having this ailment.He has to undergo a few more operations but I cant help but say it enough that he is a ray of sunshine.God has given me the perfect gift and all I can do is Enjoy his life and treasure every moment with him.





No comments:

Post a Comment