Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Homeless

I have been living in Silvertown all my life.  I have seen lots of changes happening, good and bad.
One of the problems we are facing is lots of homeless people.  There are men, women and children.  As we are going into the winter months it becomes a serious worry. These people sometimes sleep in bus shelters or in the doorways of shops.

The thought of so many people without jobs, homes and food saddens me.

As a community member i feel we owe these people our assistance.  I plan to speak to the people i know so we can help.
Long term solution:
1. Collect old clothes for all ages.
2. Speak to the businesses in the area example Pick n Pay and arrange for food.
3. Find out about the homeless, names and ages.( a database)
4. Find people that feel the way i do.  Willing helpers.
5. Maybe find out why the person/s are homeless.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment